Grab your seat at the final edition of the Tennis Coaches Conference, featuring world-class and globally renowned speakers from the tennis industry. Be ready for a full day conference where you will be able to gain valuable insights and pick up tips from this inspirational platform!
Monday, 22 October 2018
8.30 AM - 6 PM
Conrad Centennial Hotel
- Full Day Conference
- Conference Programme
- Certificate of Attendance
- Lunch and Refreshments
- General Info
- Previous Speaker Panels
- Terms & Conditions
Monday, 22 October 2018
8.30 AM - 6 PM
Conrad Centennial Hotel
WTA Finals Legend Ambassador
Kim Clijsters will be making her second appearance at the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global this year as a WTA Legend. Clijsters retired from professional tennis in 2012 and is now a mother of three. The Belgian has three WTA Finals titles to her name (2002-03 Los Angeles, 2010 Doha) and is one of just six women to own the World No.1 ranking simultaneously in both singles and doubles. Clijsters won her first Grand Slam singles title at the US Open in 2005, before stepping away from the game in 2007 to start a family. Her stunning comeback two years later would produce a further three majors – the US Open in 2009 and 2010, and the Australian Open in 2011, taking her total haul of singles titles to 41. She also captured doubles crowns at Roland Garros and Wimbledon in 2003 among 11 titles in the team discipline. An eight-time winner of WTA’s Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award, she was honoured with the induction into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in 2017. Clijsters started her own academy in 2014 and is currently mentoring World No.15, Elise Mertens, who had a break-through season in 2018 where she reached her first Grand Slam singles semi-final at the Australian Open.
WTA Finals Community Ambassador
Judy Murray OBE is a former Scottish international tennis player with 64 national titles to her name. She became Scottish National Coach in 1995, the same year that she became the first woman to pass the Lawn Tennis Association’s Performance Coach Award. She initiated the Scottish Development School programme which ultimately produced four Davis Cup players and one Fed Cup player, including her Grand-Slam-winning sons, Jamie and Andy. In 2011 Judy was appointed Captain of the British Fed Cup Team and used this role to grow the profile and numbers in women’s tennis across players and coaches. Judy has developed several tennis initiatives including Miss-Hits, a starter programme for girls age 5 to 8, Tennis on the Road, which takes tennis into remote and deprived parts of Scotland, and, most recently, She Rallies, a programme with the LTA, to encourage more women and girls into tennis across the UK.
Coach of Naomi Osaka
Sascha Bajin was a former player on the ATP Tour and is also a Gold Level Coach in the WTA Coach Program who has been working at the WTA Tour level for the past 10 years. From 2008 to 2015 he was the hitting partner for Serena Williams who in that time won 13 Grand Slam titles and 3 Gold Medals in the Olympics Games in Beijing and London. Sascha then spent two years being the hitting partner for Victoria Azarenka and following that Caroline Wozniacki in 2017, who won our WTA Finals here in Singapore last year. in January this year he took on the role as Head Coach of Naomi Osaka who at the time was ranked 68 in the world. She recently won her first Grand Slam title at the US Open becoming the first Japanese player, male or female to ever win a major singles title and is now ranked Number 6 in the world.
Coach of Elise Mertens
David started his coaching career back in 1992 and became a coach on the WTA Tour in 1995, based out of the Hopman Tennis Academy in the US. Since travelling as a hitting partner to World Number 1 Martina Hingis, he has become known as one of the best developmental coaches on tour. He was the long-time coach of 2011 US Open Champion, Sam Stosur, as well as several other top players including Ana Ivanovic and Alicia Molik and now works with young Belgian star, Elise Mertens. Taylor was also the Australian Fed Cup Coach in 2002 -2003 and appointed captain of the Australian Fed Cup Team in 2006 and led the team for seven ties through to 2012.
Coach of Coco Vanderweghe
Pat Cash reached a career-high ATP singles ranking of world No. 4 and doubles ranking of world No. 6 in 1988. His biggest win was the 1987 Men's Wimbledon Singles, and he also helped Australia capture two Davis Cups becoming the youngest ever singles winner in a final. He was also two time Wimbledon doubles finalist, two times Australian Open Finalist and a US Open Semi Finalist. Cash is also the only player in history to win Wimbledon Juniors, Mens and Legends titles. His coaching career highlights include coach of top 10 player and US Open finalist, Mark Philippoussis as well as former world Number 4 player, Greg Rudseki. He is currently the coach of American player, Coco Vanderweghe who had her best year ever last year reaching the quarter finals at Wimbledon and semi-finals at the Australian Open and the US Open. Other notable achievements include co-founding the charities, Planet Ark and Do Something, and he is also very actively involved with the Orchid Charity, helping the fight against male cancers. Added to that he is a commentator for BBC and was the host of CNN’s Tennis show “Open Court” for many years.His main passion away from tennis is being Dad to his four wonderful children and now grandfather of three.
Senior Vice President of Sport Sciences and Medicine and Transitions, WTA
In her position as Senior Vice President, Kathleen Stroia is ultimately responsible for the supervision and direction of both the Sport Sciences & Medicine and Transitions departments and staff. As such, she has been responsible for coordinating all health and medical services for the WTA to present, and the International Tennis Federation Women’s Circuit from 1995 through 2003. In her time with the WTA, Stroia has developed and expanded the Sport Sciences & Medicine department’s individual programs for the WTA, setting standards for tournament physicians, identifying and participating in research projects for tennis, injury prevention, women’s health issues and new high performance/sports medicine products. She has also been responsible for the development and implementation of the initiatives of the Age Eligibility Rule and Player Development programs, since its inception in 1994. This department is in place to enhance the career performance, safety, fulfilment and longevity of professional women tennis players and is recognized as the leader of such programs in the professional sporting world.
Senior Director of Athlete Assistance, WTA
Kathy Martin is a mental health counsellor and sports physiotherapist with 30 years of experience in elite sports and expertise in the health and well-being needs of adolescent and young adult athletes. Her roles with the WTA have included: Primary Health Care Provider and Manager, Player Development. She is currently the WTA’s Senior Director of Athlete Assistance. Kathy provides assistance and resources for WTA players in the areas of emotional health and safety. Athlete Assistance helps players learn useful skills to improve their on-court performance such as: stress management; solve problems; balance training, stress and recovery; communication skills; develop healthy relationships; manage time and goal setting. She also develops policy and implements strategies, including education programs and background checks, which aim to enhance player safety and well-being.
Adj Asst Prof James Chung Hui TAN
Head & Consultant
Shoulder, Elbow & Sports Surgeon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine Centre Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
Adj. Asst. Prof James Tan Chung Hui graduated from the Faculty of Medicine National University of Singapore and obtained Masters of Medicine (Orthopaedics). He is also a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh). He received further specialist training in the renowned Department of Sportsorthopaedics, Technical University of Munich, Germany, under the tutelage of Professor Andreas Imhoff.
He heads the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Centre in Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (KTPH). He specialises in treating sports injuries of the shoulder, elbow and knee joints. He is well-versed in arthroscopy, arthroplasty, fracture fixation and muscle-tendon transfers of the shoulder joint. He is a reviewer for Singapore Medical Journal, Annals of Academy of Medicine Singapore and Journal of Biomechanics.
He is the Principal Investigator of tissue engineering (bone, meniscus and tendon) projects awarded National Medical Research Council grants and collaborates with scientists from Nanyang Technological University and Technical University of Munich. He is very passionate about the growth of shoulder surgery in Singapore and is the co-founder of the Singapore Shoulder and Elbow Society. His expertise is much sought after as he regularly hosts overseas surgeons and instructs at various shoulder surgery courses, both in Singapore as well as South East Asia and South Korea.
Singapore National Tennis Player
Stefanie started playing tennis at an early age of 4 and has not looked back since. She has participated in tennis at various levels from National Championships in Singapore to collegiate events and was a professional player on the WTA Tour. She is a trailblazer for tennis in Singapore. She held a WTA Singles ranking inside the top 500, and a doubles ranking of 577. She has two singles and two doubles titles to her name. In 2017, Stefanie won a medal at the Southeast Asian Games, making her the first Singaporean in 34 years to have a podium finish. Having been a household name since the Youth Olympic Games in 2010, she represented Singapore in two Southeast Asian Games, and led Singapore’s Fed Cup Team to the final playoff of Asia Oceania Group II in 2016 and 2017. She was a Fox Sports pundit for the Australian Open (2016, 2017) and French Open (2017) coverage. She recently joined the Graduate Talent Program at OCBC Bank.
Peak Performance Specialist
CEO, Quintessential Edge
From Grand Slams to Gold Medals and World Champions, Dr Ann Quinn has a long track record of creating winners. She has a diverse background in Sports Science with degrees in Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Nutrition and Human Movement. From Health and Fitness Director of the famous Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida, to more than ten years on the Tour training professional players, she then became the National Director of Coach Education at Tennis Australia before moving to London to take up the position of Head of Sports Science and Innovation at the LTA. In addition to inspiring athletes to achieve their greatness, and consulting the WTA and ITF, Ann is also the CEO of Quintessential Edge based in Melbourne, Australia where she coaches elite athletes and executives and takes them to the next level of success - from ordinary to Extraordinary. She was a member of the ITF Coaches Commission and the Sports Medicine and Sports Science Commission for many years and has been a member of the WTA Tour Professional Development Panel since 2000. She is also a highly respected professional speaker and has travelled the world lecturing on 6 continents and in more than 30 countries.
The conference is targeted to tennis coaches and sport coaches in general. However anybody with an interest in the themes presented is welcome to register for the event.
Because some of the speakers are dependent on the players they work with and if they qualify for the Finals. Players will begin to book their spots for the Finals closer to the event.
Organizers will update the speakers page once a new speaker is confirmed - So please check back!
There is no specific dress code for the conference. However, as the event is held in an air-conditioned room, we recommend participants to bring along a jacket.
After payment, you will receive a transaction ID from Paypal via email. This email will act as your admission ticket to the conference. Present this transaction ID at the event venue for admission.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to register on the spot. The registration will close on 17 October, so please register before that!
We accept payment via MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and Paypal.
You will receive physical tickets to WTA finals on the day of the conference.
Registration for the conference starts from 8:30am, and will begin proper at 9:00am. Please be seated by 8:50am so that the conference will run smoothly.
No, seating arrangement for the conference is on a first come first serve basis. Please come early so that you can have the best view of the speakers!
No! Lunch and tea breaks are included in the package!
TENNIS COACHES CONFERENCE SINGAPORE 2018
ONLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONFERENCE PACKAGE(S)
These terms and conditions (these "T&Cs") apply to your purchase of the Conference Package(s) for the Tennis Coaches Conference Singapore 2018 held in association with the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global 2018 from its promoter and organiser, Lagardere Sports Asia Pte. Ltd.
("LSA", "we", "us", "our", "ours", and "ourselves").
By purchasing the Conference Package(s), you, as the purchaser ("you", "your", "yours" or "yourself"), are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs.
Persons under 18 years of age should seek parental consent before purchasing Conference Package(s) and by purchasing the Conference Package(s) you hereby certify that you are at least 18 years of age and understand these T&Cs.
The terms set out in these T&Cs shall have the meaning set out against them below, unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Conference" shall mean the Tennis Coaches Conference Singapore 2018, held in association with the Event.
- "Event" shall mean the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global 2018.
- "Force Majeure Event" shall mean an act of God, war (declared or undeclared), revolution, riot, civil unrest, terrorism (threatened or act) strike, lock-out, earthquake, flood, fire, delay in transit, satellite failure, inclement weather (including typhoons), failure of any public utility, undertaking or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of LSA.
- "Conference Package(s)" shall mean the package(s) purchased by you in accordance with these T&Cs and shall include the physical pass(es) and/or ticket(s) to the Conference and the Event issued to you.
- "Host Venue" shall mean the designated venue(s) of the Conference and the Event, which may or may not be located within the same compound, any references to the "Host Venue" shall include the legal entity(ies) which own, operate and control the designated venue(s).
- "Official Sponsor(s)" shall mean official sponsor(s) of the Conference and/or the Event.
- "Police" shall mean the Singapore Police Force, or any other body tasked with providing security arrangements for the Conference and/or the Event, and includes auxiliary police forces and members of the Singapore Armed Forces.
- "SportSG" shall mean Sport Singapore.
- "STB" shall mean Singapore Tourism Board.
- "WTA" shall mean WTA Tour Inc, a New York not-for-profit corporation with offices located at 1 Progress Plaza, Suite 1500, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, the owner and rights holder of the Event.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS, WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- You hereby warrant that you have, and will continue to have full right, title and authority to undertake and perform all of the obligations on your part contained herein and there is nothing (including by way of agreement or arrangement) affecting you which may prevent the proper performance by you of your obligations under these T&Cs.
- It is your responsibility to read and understand these T&Cs and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities. If you do not consent to these T&Cs, you must not use the Conference Package(s) and/or enter the Host Venue. By using the Conference Package(s) and/or entering the Host Venue, you are deemed to agree and consent to be bound by these T&Cs.
- You shall not develop, undertake and/or engage in any activity in relation to the Conference and/or the Event at any time, either on your own or in conjunction with a third party, without the prior written consent of LSA.
- You shall not use in any internal or external advertising, marketing, promotional or any other literature or material in any media worldwide the name, logos or marks of the Conference, the Event, LSA, WTA, the Official Sponsor(s), any images of guests or players of the Conference or the Event, or any other related logos or marks associated with the Conference or the Event that may, in the reasonable opinion of LSA, imply or give the impression that you or the activities conducted by you are connected to or endorsed by the Conference, the Event, LSA, WTA, the Official Sponsor(s) or any of the guests/players of the Conference or the Event.
- You undertake that you shall not conduct yourself in a manner which is prejudicial or defamatory to the image of the game of tennis or its governing bodies, the Conference, the Event, WTA, LSA, STB, SportSG, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Conference Package(s) shall not be resold or transferred (whether for free or otherwise, or whether as a package with accommodation, transportation, food, beverage and/or other ancillary item or experience in the course of business or otherwise), and shall not be used for advertising, sales promotions or other commercial purposes (e.g. competition prize, sweepstakes) without LSA’s prior approval. Any Conference Package(s) obtained or used in breach of this Clause shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Conference Package(s) shall be cancelled. Any person seeking to use a Conference Package in breach of this Clause in order to gain or provide entry to or remain at the Conference and/or the Event may be refused admission to or be ejected from the Host Venue and may be liable to legal action.
- LSA reserves the sole and absolute right to retain or confiscate or cancel any Conference Package(s) held by you reasonably determined by LSA to be in breach of any terms contained in these T&Cs without any liability to make any refund in respect thereof.
- You shall be responsible for all claims resulting from any breach of these T&Cs.
- You shall:
- comply with all arrangements, directions, announcements or notices displayed or given by the Police or officers, employees, agents, contractors or representatives of LSA, WTA, STB, SportSG or the Host Venue, in connection with the Conference, the Event and/or the Host Venue, including, without limitation, notices, directions, announcements or other requirements relating to the entry, access, conduct, safety and security at the Conference, the Event and/or the Host Venue;
- comply with all laws, regulations or requirements of the Police or any other authorities (including without limitations LSA, STB, SportSG, WTA or the Host Venue) in connection with the Conference, the Event and the Host Venue;
- maintain safe, prudent and respectful behaviour at all times whilst attending the Conference, the Event and at the Host Venue;
- be responsible for personal items. Neither LSA nor the Host Venue will be responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of personal property; and
- comply with all other instructions and/or conditions displayed at the Conference, the Event and the Host Venue.
- LSA or the Host Venue shall have the right, at all times and at its sole discretion, to refuse entry or remove any person from the Host Venue. This includes, but is not limited to the following circumstances:
- Conference Package(s) is/are defaced, illegible, damaged, forged or copied, or not purchased from LSA or its authorised representatives and/or agents;
- the presence of the person would be detrimental to or compromises safety at the Conference and/or the Event;
- person is deemed to be disorderly and/or intoxicated;
- person is wearing or displaying commercial, political or other offensive signage or logos, except for official merchandise or other Conference-related or Event-related clothing worn in good faith;
- entry to the Host Venue or an area prohibited to the general public within the Host Venue was unauthorised or obtained illegally;
- person refuses to be inspected or refuses to submit its belongings for inspection for prohibited items; or
- adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes that will affect the safety of patrons.
- As an attendee of the Conference, a spectator at the Event and an attendee at the Host Venue, you shall assume all risks, dangers and liability, including that of any children under your care, which may be incidental to being present at the Conference, the Event and the Host Venue.
- LSA, WTA, STB, SportSG, Official Sponsors and the Host Venue (and their respective officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives) shall not be responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage occurring out of or incidental to your attendance or presence at the Conference or the Event held at the Host Venue.
- You shall:
- CONFERENCE PACKAGE(S)
- Unless otherwise stipulated, all quoted prices for the Conference Package(s) are exclusive of goods and services tax (GST) and administrative fees. You shall be solely responsible and liable for any applicable processing and/or administrative fees and/or surcharge and/or bank charges in connection with all payment forms.
- Conference Package(s) shall only be issued to you upon receipt of full payment by LSA and LSA shall further advise you on the applicable collection and/or delivery options for the Conference Package(s).
- All Conference Package(s) issued to you shall be kept safe and in good condition as replacement or duplicate Conference Package(s) may not be issued for defaced, illegible, lost, misplaced or stolen Conference Package(s). Any replacement or duplicate Conference Package(s) may be made by LSA at its sole and absolute discretion and the cost of which shall be borne solely by you.
- Conference Package(s) cannot be exchanged or refunded under any circumstances, including but not limited to, the possible non-appearance of any particular guest, person, group or personality or player expected by you, or any variations to the schedule or line-up of the Conference and/or the Event, or any adverse weather conditions or any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of LSA.
- You further acknowledge that the schedule for the Conference and the Event (whether notified by LSA or otherwise) and its proposed format (including expected guests and attendees) is only provisional and is subject to change if necessary for any reason whatsoever. LSA shall not be liable to you for any changes in the line-up of guests, the players or format of, or any other element of, the Conference or the Event or arising from any arrangement of a substitute event.
- CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING
- LSA may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the Conference and/or the Event, or deny access to the Host Venue due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes without any compensation to you.
- Where the Conference and/or Event is/are rescheduled to take place on dates other than the scheduled dates stipulated in the purchasing form, you will be notified of the rescheduled dates. Your Conference Package(s) will be valid for the said rescheduled dates.
- You further acknowledge that you are fully responsible for taking out adequate insurance to cover against any losses which you may suffer as a result of interruption, cancellation, abandonment or postponement.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or restrict a party’s liability for death or personal injuries resulting from the negligence of that party or of its employees.
- LSA shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising as a direct or indirect result of breach or non-performance of these T&Cs due to a Force Majeure Event.
- LSA shall not be liable in any circumstances for any actual, indirect or consequential loss that may be suffered or incurred by you.
- The entire liability of LSA under or in connection with the sale of the Conference Package(s) to you pursuant to these T&Cs shall not exceed the amount of the Conference Package(s) purchased by you hereunder.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless officers, LSA, STB, SportSG, WTA, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue and their respective officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives (collectively (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all actual losses and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation costs) incurred by the Indemnified Parties as a result of any third party claims, which arise from any fraud, negligence, default or wilful misconduct on your part.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- If LSA is prevented in any manner from fully performing its obligations required hereunder and has failed to deliver to you the Conference Package(s) purchased by you due to the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event, then LSA’s obligations shall be suspended as long as any Force Majeure Event occurs and during the periods of time that those events exist; provided however, that LSA shall make good faith efforts to continue to fulfil its obligations hereunder and to remedy the Force Majeure Event within a reasonable period of time so as not to materially affect the performance of its obligations hereunder.
- If any Force Majeure Event is of a severity or duration such that it materially affects the ability of LSA to perform its obligations hereunder, then LSA may be entitled to terminate the Conference Package(s) without liability or further obligation to you, including but without limitation to any claim hereunder for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation or indemnification arising as a direct or indirect result of breach or non-performance due to the Force Majeure Event.
- PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES & RECORDING
- You must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage of, at or in relation to the Conference and/or the Event (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data of, at or in relation to the Conference and/or the Event (“Data”). Unless authorised by LSA in writing, you must not bring into or use within the Host Venue any equipment that may enable a person to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communications devices) are permitted within the Host Venue unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording of, at or in relation to the Conference and/or the Event (“Image”) that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used for personal, private and non-commercial purposes only.
- Without limiting any action available to LSA, it is a condition of sale that you acknowledge and accept that it is a condition of entry to the Conference and the Event that:
- the use of any such Recording, Data or Image (“Footage”) or any part of it for profit, commercial gain, public advertisement, display or for any other purpose except for the private enjoyment of the person making/recording the Footage, without the prior written consent of LSA is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these T&Cs for which you may be liable; and
- if a person makes or reproduces or uses such footage or any part of with or without the consent of LSA, that person shall on request by LSA, assign in writing, all copyright and all intellectual property in the Footage to LSA, WTA or any other assignees of LSA.
- LSA shall have the right to allow any authorised photographers and/or videographers into the Host Venue for photography and/or video recordings for any present or future advertising, marketing or promotional purposes without your prior permission. As an attendee at the Conference, a spectator at the Event and as an attendee at the Host Venue, you may be photographed, filmed or sound recorded and LSA shall have the right to, and may permit WTA, STB, SportSG, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue to, utilize your name, likeness, image, voice, writings and/or other identification in any manner, in and on any media, in perpetuity and without payment or approval, including (for example) in any and all still pictures of/from the Conference or the Event, live or recorded television, radio, wireless, or internal transmissions of the Conference or the Event and in general promotion of the Conference, the Event, LSA, WTA, STB, SportSG, the Official Sponsor(s) and/or the Host Venue.
- All clause headings are included in these T&Cs for convenience and are not to be construed as affecting the interpretation of these T&Cs in any way.
- No failure or delay by any party in exercising any right, power or privilege under these T&Cs shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall any single or partial exercise thereof preclude any subsequent exercise in law, in equity or otherwise.
- If any provision of these T&Cs is held to be void, invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under any law or regulation, such void, invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be (a) revised to the minimum extent necessary (while still reflecting the original intent of these T&Cs as closely as possible) in order to make it valid, legal, and enforceable, or (b) deemed stricken if such revision is impracticable or impossible; and in either event all remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and binding upon the parties.
- Nothing contained herein shall be interpreted as constituting a partnership or joint venture between LSA and you and neither LSA nor you shall have authority to bind the other in any manner whatsoever unless otherwise expressly provided herein.
- You hereby agree that terms of these T&Cs are also for the benefit of WTA, STB, SportSG, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue, which are deemed third party beneficiaries (the “Third Party Beneficiaries”), with all rights, benefits and remedies provided for hereunder. You further agree and acknowledge that any of the Third Party Beneficiaries may seek to enforce against, or benefit from, you pursuant to the provisions of these T&Cs. Save as expressly provided herein, nothing in these T&Cs shall confer on any other third party the right to enforce or benefit from any provisions of these T&Cs.
- No amendment or variation of these T&Cs is valid or binding unless made or confirmed by LSA in writing.
- These T&Cs shall be read and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of whose courts the parties submit.
- PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- This Clause shall only be applicable if you are providing your personal details and information (your “personal data”) solely for your own personal capacity as an individual and not your “business contact information”. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the “PDPA”), your “business contact information” means, your name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email address or business fax number and any other similar information about you, not provided by you solely for your personal purposes.
- In general, LSA collects and uses your personal data to facilitate our provision of the Conference Package(s) purchased by you pursuant to these T&Cs. LSA will collect, use and retain your personal data in your file, and such other information that it may obtain by LSA from time to time and disclosed by you, for as long as the purpose for which your personal data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of LSA’s normal business operations. Such purposes may include but are not limited to: customising and optimising your experience at the Conference and the Event; auditing and accounting purposes; collecting fees owed to us; measuring clients’/sponsors’ interest and satisfaction at the Conference and the Event and/or in LSA’s products and services; resolving disputes; communicating with you and informing you about promotional and marketing information; detecting and protecting LSA against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and such other purposes as may be notified to you before or at the time of collection or use or disclosure of the information.
- LSA may also compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
- Under some circumstances, LSA may require certain financial information from you. LSA will use your financial information (including credit card information) only to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for the Conference Package(s) purchased by you pursuant to these T&Cs.
- LSA recognises the importance of your personal data and LSA has put in place reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data, in such manner and to such extent as LSA deems reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
- As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their promotional and/or marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, LSA hereby reserves the right to disclose your personal data to our third-party service providers (including but not limited to any credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment instructions, lawyers, auditors, and any other agents or subcontractors acting on behalf of LSA), government or regulatory authorities, to the extent required in the normal course and scope of LSA’s business in the provision of its services to you pursuant to with these T&Cs and where required or permitted by applicable law, statute or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order.